The 5 & Dime tells stories that engage, inspire, entertain, and challenge audiences, nurturing a rich artistic culture in Jacksonville’s Urban Core
Who We Are
A group of artists and friends came together with a common goal: to make a change in the Jacksonville cultural arts community. From this, The 5 & Dime, a theatre company, was born. It started with a simple question, “Why not us?” And so we offer this: why not YOU?
The 5 & Dime opens doors to and for all artists of all disciplines whose passion, skill, drive and enthusiasm need a place to call home. We hope to facilitate diverse opportunities and a supportive environment to feature flourishing talent and collaboration. So, with a renewed hope in what is possible – from people just like you – we boldly set forth on this new venture. Come along, won’t you?
Photo by MAYA ADKINS | Joshua Taylor, Judy Gould, Josh Waller, Zeina Salame, Lee Hamby, Craig Leavitt and Evan Gould. not pictured- Staci Grant and Caryl Butterley
What We Do
WJCT featured The 5 & Dime on their series Hometown. Watch the above video for a great overview of what we’re all about.
BLOOD ORANGE MEDIA created a video featuring our production of Elegies for Angels, Punks, and Raging Queens.
The 5 & Dime is proud to celebrate the first 3 years and 13 productions. Our sincere thanks to all the 5 & Dimers who have made this possible.
As An Institution We Value…
- Passion, and we will deliver it in every story we tell
- Creative integrity, and we will deliver every production at the highest levels
- Collaboration, and we will work to nurture creativity as a component of lifelong education
- Our Community, and we will celebrate the richness of its diversity through inclusive artistic offerings
- Artists, and we will create a joyous, energetic, vibrant, and safe home for artists
- Our volunteers, our audience, our donors, our board and our staff, and recognize that they are essential partners in fulfilling our mission.
- Financial sustainability, and we recognize its importance in allowing us to create a legacy